Position: Financial Analyst
Function: Asset Management, Finance, & Acquisitions
Reports to: President
Type: Full Time
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
FLSA Status: Exempt
Sterling Management, LLC (“Sterling”). is the Advisor to, and is responsible for, managing all matters of Sterling Multifamily Trust and Sterling Office and Industrial Trust.
This position is primarily responsible for servicing the finance and accounting requirements of Sterling’s asset management. This position will analyze financial and operating performance of individual assets which will enhance short-term and long-term property strategy. In addition, the position will deliver requested information to the organization’s accounting team and executive management.
This position requires strong interpersonal, analytical, evaluative, written and verbal skills. Strong candidates may have backgrounds in accounting, finance or real estate.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Analyze financial and operating performance of individual assets each month.
- Identify ways to maximize revenue, control expenses and enhance value on real estate assets.
- Develop recommendations for individual real estate assets and coordinate communication to internal and external partners.
- Act as the subject matter expert in relation to Yardi Voyager and Microsoft Power BI, in respect to asset management.
- Fulfill Accounting Team requests on behalf of the Asset Management Team.
- Oversee balance sheet ratios and working capital projections.
- Conduct market research.
- Property tax evaluation and local municipality engagement.
- Assists with acquisition/disposition due diligence.
- Coordinate and execute projects in collaboration with Executive Management and Asset
- Prioritize and manage multiple complex projects with aggressive timelines and deadlines.
- Present the status of goals and objectives on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct monthly reviews on each property’s financial performance.
- Any other responsibilities or duties as assigned by the President.
The candidate must utilize strong time management and organizational skills, along with keen judgement, to plan and accomplish goals in a timely manner, including the ability to work under tight deadlines. The candidate must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and be knowledgeable in real estate operations and accounting. Leadership, strong written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills are essential to this position for the candidate to successfully work with multiple levels of management and peers across the business and with various third parties.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Accounting, Finance, etc.
- 2+ years of modeling, analyst, real estate management, and similar experience.
- CPA, a plus but not required.
- Experience with Yardi software, a plus.
- Experience with CoStar software, a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI highly desired.
- Prefer experience with multi-family and commercial real estate, development, property management, tax incentives, lenders, REITs, etc.
- Experience with statistical and financial models, analyzing financial data, developing forecasts, and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with proven ability to apply research and analytical skills to synthesize information into the key decision driving factors.
- Thorough understanding of real estate accounting and financial metrics.
- Highly motivated self-starter who enjoys collaboration and can prioritize projects and workload, deliver projects on time, and respond quickly.
- Very strong organizational skills with proven track record of multi-tasking across projects.
- Strong computer skills, the ability to learn new software, and comfortable working in a technology based environment
- Strong analytical and logical mindset.
- Strong, professional communication skills (clear, concise, and confident).
- Professional demeanor with proactive approach to anticipating needs, options and scenarios.
- Seeks challenges and self-development; demonstrates high levels of expertise and shows commitment, self-confidence and integrity.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid Driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Requires prolonged sitting with occasional walking, standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
The duties described above are the general nature of work performed. The foregoing description is not intended to be a complete or comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required. Supervisors or managers may ask the individual to perform other duties as needed and/or required. Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time and for any reason.